REHABILITATION OF OBSTRUCTED DEFECTION SYNDROME (ODS)
A multidisciplinary program that combines physical and rehabilitation medicine doctors, functional specialists, state-of-the-art robotic and physical medicine technologies to provide rehabilitation in case of obstructed defecation syndrome (ODS).
One of the main symptoms of ODS is chronic constipation.
During rehabilitation, the following measures are being taken: assessment and documentation of the patient’s clinical condition and functional disorders, complication prevention, individual rehabilitation plan development, pain relief, pelvic floor muscle function restoration, patient education, general health condition and physical endurance restoration.
Women with functional disorders caused by pregnancy or small pelvic organ dysfunction, who are medically stable and whose potential for medical rehabilitation and motivation for rehabilitation is considered sufficient.
The rehabilitation program objectives:
According to an individually developed medical rehabilitation plan
ROBOTIC TECHNOLOGIES USED DURING THERAPY
Biofeedback and stimulation protocols are very effective:
- Provide passive contraction that increases awareness of pelvic contractions
- Helps identify and isolate pelvic muscles
- Increases the contraction force of the pelvic muscles
- Reduces unwanted or undelayed detrusor (bladder) muscle contraction
- Helps to normalize pelvic muscle relaxation
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):
- In case of correction of postpartum diastasis:
Physiotherapy, Modern physical therapy: FMS (Functional Magnetic Stimulation)
- In case of small pelvic organ disorders, perineal muscle weakness:
Physiotherapy, Biofeedback therapy, Modern physical therapy: FMS (Functional Magnetic Stimulation)
- In case of pain:
Modern physical therapy: HILT (High Intensity Laser Therapy), FMS (Functional Magnetic Stimulation), TR-Therapy (Targeted Radio Frequency Therapy), Shock Wave Therapy. Blockades, trigger point infiltration injections.
- In case of muscle tension, imbalance:
Sling therapy, Kinesiology taping. Modern physical therapy: HILT (High Intensity Laser Therapy), FMS (Functional Magnetic Stimulation), TR-Therapy (Targeted Radio Frequency Therapy), Shock Wave Therapy. Hydrotherapy, Physiotherapy in the swimming-pool, Dry needling
- In case of oedema:
Massage, Compression bandages, socks and sleeves, Kinesiology taping, Lymphatic drainage
- In case of reduced load tolerance, excess body weight:
Physiotherapy, SciFit trainers, Nutritionist consultation, Physiotherapy in the swimming-pool, Gait training: Alter-G
- In case of psychological difficulties, depression, anxiety:
Clinical psychologist, Massage, Hydrotherapy, Flotation therapy
To apply for the rehabilitation service, please contact the rehabilitation coordinator of Riga 1st Hospital by phone: 67366323 (key 2, Rehabilitation services)
or fill in the e-application form and we will contact you within 24 hours on a working day.
- Passport or ID card
Referral Form 027/u, (State Paid Service)
Previous examinations, extracts
Please notify the Clinic Coordinator (67366323) or your functional specialist at least 24 hours in advance.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service due to justified reasons (for example, acute illness or exacerbation of a chronic illness, death of a first-degree relative or spouse, for which an appropriate document is presented within 2 weeks – an extract from the inpatient/outpatient medical card – form No.027/u, birth/death certificate), the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the beginning of the queue.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service for unjustified reasons, the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the end of the queue.
- The patient may be excluded from the waiting list of the State-paid service if the patient repeatedly, at least 2 times, refuses to come or in case it is impossible to contact the patient for a long time (by telephone, electronically).