REHABILITATION OF RHEUMATOLOGY PATIENTS
A multidisciplinary program that combines physical and rehabilitation medicine doctors, functional specialists, state-of-the-art robotic and physical medicine technologies to provide rehabilitation for patients who have suffered rheumatic diseases.
Rheumatic diseases are chronic inflammation of the joints, bones and connective tissues.
During rehabilitation, the following measures are being taken: assessment and documentation of the patient’s clinical condition and functional disorders, complication prevention, individual rehabilitation plan development, pain relief, maintenance and improvement of joint function, prevention of deformities and contractures, strengthening of muscles, education of the patient and his/her relatives, social integration, adaptation of assistive devices, providing recommendations and inclusion in the dynamic monitoring register.
Patients with functional disorders at the age of 18 and over who are medically stable and for whom the potential and motivation for medical rehabilitation are assessed as sufficient.
The rehabilitation program objectives:
According to an individually developed medical rehabilitation plan.
ROBOTIC TECHNOLOGIES USED DURING THERAPY
The AlterG anti-gravity treadmill, by reducing the force of gravity, improves balance control and reduces the risk of pain and joint damage that could be caused by excessive leg strain. Besides, the length and width of the step, as well as the footprint on the track are measured, which allows to correct the gait as accurately as possible. Integrated Stride Smart gait analysis determines gravity load and provides simplified visual feedback to assess gait symmetry and pain levels.
ARTROMOT S4 is a CPM therapy (continuous passive movement). This therapy is designed for continuous passive joint development. It is the fastest, most painless and safest form of orthopaedic rehabilitation using special robotic mechanotherapy devices. ARTROMOT S4 is intended for the rehabilitation treatment of the shoulder girdle after injuries and surgeries, as well as for the prevention of complications caused by prolonged immobilization: contractures, adhesions, venous thrombosis.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):
- In case of mobility impairment:
Gait training: Alter-G. Physiotherapy in the swimming-pool
- In case of imbalance and coordination disorders:
Balance and coordination robotic therapy: Thera Balo, Tymo, Challenge-disc
- In case of reduced load tolerance:
SciFit Trainers, Physiotherapy in the swimming-pool, Gait training Alter-G
- In case of dysphagia, dysphonia:
Classes with an audiologist and a speech therapist, Nutritionist consultation
- In case of cognitive impairment:
Cognitive therapy: Myro, Rehacom
- In case of psychological difficulties, depression, anxiety:
Clinical psychologist, Massage, Hydrotherapy, Flotation therapy
- In case of pain:
Modern physical therapy: HILT (High Intensity Laser Therapy), FMS (Functional Magnetic Stimulation), TR-Therapy (Targeted Radio Frequency Therapy), Shock Wave Therapy. Blockades, trigger point infiltration injections.
- In case of muscle tension, imbalance:
Sling therapy, Kinesiology taping. Modern physical therapy: HILT (High Intensity Laser Therapy), FMS (Functional Magnetic Stimulation), TR-Therapy (Targeted Radio Frequency Therapy), Shock Wave Therapy. Hydrotherapy, Physiotherapy in the swimming-pool, Dry needling
- In case of lymphatic oedema:
Compression bandages, socks and sleeves, Kinesiology taping, Lymphatic drainage, Massage.
To apply for the rehabilitation service, please contact the rehabilitation coordinator of Riga 1st Hospital by phone: 67366323 (key 2, Rehabilitation services)
or fill in the e-application form and we will contact you within 24 hours on a working day.
- Passport or ID card
- Insurance policy
- Referral Form 027/u, (State Paid Service)
- Previous examinations, extracts
Please notify the Clinic Coordinator (67366323) or your functional specialist at least 24 hours in advance.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service due to justified reasons (for example, acute illness or exacerbation of a chronic illness, death of a first-degree relative or spouse, for which an appropriate document is presented within 2 weeks – an extract from the inpatient/outpatient medical card – form No.027/u, birth/death certificate), the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the beginning of the queue.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service for unjustified reasons, the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the end of the queue.
- The patient may be excluded from the waiting list of the State-paid service if the patient repeatedly, at least 2 times, refuses to come or in case it is impossible to contact the patient for a long time (by telephone, electronically).