A multidisciplinary program that combines physical and rehabilitation medicine doctors, functional specialists, state-of-the-art robotic and physical medicine technologies to provide to provide rehabilitation of peripheral nervous and neurodegenerative diseases caused by the inability to respond adequately to environmental irritation due to nerve damage.
These diseases can cause movement, sensory and balance disorders.
During rehabilitation, the following measures are being taken: assessment and documentation of the patient’s clinical condition and functional disorders, complication prevention, individual rehabilitation plan development, improvement of motor functions, improvement of the balance response, education of the patient and his/her relatives, social integration, adaptation of assistive devices, providing recommendations and inclusion in the dynamic monitoring register.
REHABILITATION CLINIC OF RIGA 1st HOSPITAL OFFERS:
Neurological rehabilitation after a stroke or traumatic brain injury according to the following treatment programs:
- Multiple sclerosis, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Parkinson’s disease
ROBOTIC TRAINERS USED DURING THERAPY:
ReoAmbulator allows therapists to develop patient-specific exercises aimed at improving the patient’s balance, coordination, endurance and posture by intensively repeating the normal movements of the entire leg – hip, knee and ankle to reproduce a reciprocal, synchronized natural gait pattern.
TYMO system for of the upper and lower extremities as well as torso functional assessment and rehabilitation. With this trainer it is possible to perform therapy in static and dynamic modes. The system has personalized settings for each patient. It is multifunctional and, due to exciting therapy games, it significantly improves the patient’s motivation and level of involvement.
The E-LINK system is used for computerized rehabilitation and clinical evaluation of the upper and lower extremities. It is used in neurological rehabilitation, patient assessment, result documentation. The E-LINK system consists of several modules, such as a dynamometer, electromyography sensors with feedback exercises, resistance exercises, hand and force platforms. The E-LINK system uses wireless connections. The software provides strength and mobility exercises by controlling a number of fully configurable games according to each patient’s ability and needs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):
- In case of mobility impairment:
Physiotherapy, Adaptation of assistive devices, Trainers, Gait training, Alter-G, Reoambulator, Physiotherapy in the swimming pool
- In case of imbalance and coordination disorders:
Physiotherapy, Adaptation of assistive devices, Balance and coordination robotic therapy, Thera Balo, Tymo, Challenge-disc
- In case of hand function disorders: (ADL, self-care)
Ergotherapy, Adaptation of assistive devices, Hand robotic therapy, Pablo, Myro, Amadeo, E-link, Luna-EMG
- In case of dysphagia, dysphonia:
Classes with an audiologist and a speech therapist, Nutritionist consultation, Cognitive and communication disorders, Classes with an audiologist and a speech therapist, Adaptation of assistive devices
- In case of cognitive impairment:
Cognitive therapy, Myro, Rehacom
- In case of psychological difficulties, depression, anxiety:
Clinical psychologist, Massage, Hydrotherapy, Medications, Flotation therapy
- In case of spasticity
Physiotherapy, Rest orthoses, Oral medications, Botulinum toxin injections, Gait training, Reoambulator, Hand therapy, Amadeo, E-link, Luna-EMG, CPM (Continuous passive motion), Artromot S4, FYSIOTEK 300TS, Modern physical therapy, Shock wave therapy FMS – Functional magnetic stimulation
- In case of pain:
Physiotherapy, Physical therapy, Oral medications, Blockades, trigger point infiltration injections, Modern physical therapy, HILT – High intensity laser therapy, FMS – Functional magnetic stimulation, TR-therapy – Targeted radiotherapy frequency therapy, Shock wave therapy
- In case of reduced load tolerance:
Physiotherapy, Education, Trainers, Nutritionist consultation, Medications, Physiotherapy in the swimming-pool, Gait training, Alter-G, Reoambulator
To apply for the rehabilitation service in the day hospital, please contact the rehabilitation coordinator of Riga 1st Hospital by phone: 67366323 (key 2, Rehabilitation services)
or fill in the e-application form and we will contact you within 24 hours on a working day.
- Passport or ID card
- Insurance policy
- Referral Form 027/u, (State Paid Service)
- Previous examinations, extracts
Please notify the Clinic Coordinator (67366323) or your functional specialist at least 24 hours in advance.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service due to justified reasons (for example, acute illness or exacerbation of a chronic illness, death of a first-degree relative or spouse, for which an appropriate document is presented within 2 weeks – an extract from the inpatient/outpatient medical card – form No.027/u, birth/death certificate), the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the beginning of the queue.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service for unjustified reasons, the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the end of the queue.
- The patient may be excluded from the waiting list of the State-paid service if the patient repeatedly, at least 2 times, refuses to come or in case it is impossible to contact the patient for a long time (by telephone, electronically).