REHABILITATION OF PARKINSON ‘S DISEASE
A multidisciplinary program that combines physical and rehabilitation medicine doctors, functional specialists, state-of-the-art robotic and physical medicine technologies to provide rehabilitation to patients with Parkinson’s disease.
Parkinson’s disease is a progressive disease of the central nervous system that causes motor and cognitive disorders, as well as speech, behavioural and thinking disorders.
During rehabilitation, the following measures are being taken: assessment and documentation of the patient’s clinical condition and functional disorders, complication prevention, individual rehabilitation plan development, improvement of motor functions, education of the patient and his/her relatives, social integration, adaptation of assistive devices, providing recommendations and inclusion in the dynamic monitoring register.
Patients with functional disorders at the age of 18 and over who are medically stable and for whom the potential and motivation for medical rehabilitation are assessed as sufficient.
The rehabilitation program objectives:
According to an individually developed medical rehabilitation plan.
ROBOTIC TRAINERS USED DURING THERAPY:
The AlterG anti-gravity treadmill, by reducing the force of gravity, improves balance control and reduces the risk of pain and joint damage that could be caused by excessive leg strain. Besides, the length and width of the step, as well as the footprint on the track are measured, which allows to correct the gait as accurately as possible. Integrated Stride Smart gait analysis determines gravity load and provides simplified visual feedback to assess gait symmetry and pain levels.
THERA-Trainer balo is suitable for patients with congenital or acquired limitations or loss of ability to stand. THERA-Trainer balo allows the patient to rise safely from the wheelchair, with or without the help of others, depending on the situation. The THERA-Trainer balo device is suitable for patients with impaired balance and coordination when standing.
PABLO is a modern device for the correction of small and large motor skills in the upper extremities of the body. With this device it is possible to assess (diagnose) the functional possibilities of the upper extremities of the body both before the start of rehabilitation and during the rehabilitation process. The training is performed using interactive programs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):
- In case of mobility impairment:
Physiotherapy, Adaptation of assistive devices, Trainers, Gait training, Alter-G, Reoambulator, Physiotherapy in the swimming pool
- In case of imbalance and coordination disorders:
Physiotherapy, Adaptation of assistive devices, Balance and coordination robotic therapy, Thera Balo, Tymo, Challenge-disc
- In case of hand function disorders: (ADL, self-care)
Ergotherapy, Adaptation of assistive devices, Hand robotic therapy, Pablo, Myro, Amadeo, E-link, Luna-EMG
- In case of dysphagia, dysphonia:
Classes with an audiologist and a speech therapist, Nutritionist consultation, Cognitive and communication disorders, Classes with an audiologist and a speech therapist, Adaptation of assistive devices
- In case of cognitive impairment:
Cognitive therapy, Myro, Rehacom
- In case of psychological difficulties, depression, anxiety:
Clinical psychologist, Massage, Hydrotherapy, Medications, Flotation therapy
- In case of spasticity:
Physiotherapy, Rest orthoses, Oral medications, Botulinum toxin injections, Gait training, Reoambulator, Hand therapy, Amadeo, E-link, Luna-EMG, CPM (Continuous passive motion), Artromot S4, FYSIOTEK 300TS, Modern physical therapy, Shock wave therapy FMS – Functional magnetic stimulation
- In case of pain:
Physiotherapy, Physical therapy, Oral medications, Blockades, trigger point infiltration injections, Modern physical therapy, HILT – High intensity laser therapy, FMS – Functional magnetic stimulation, TR-therapy – Targeted radiotherapy frequency therapy, Shock wave therapy
- In case of reduced load tolerance:
Physiotherapy, Education, Trainers, Nutritionist consultation, Medications, Physiotherapy in the swimming-pool, Gait training, Alter-G, Reoambulator
To apply for the rehabilitation service in the day hospital, please contact the rehabilitation coordinator of Riga 1st Hospital by phone: 67366323 (key 2, Rehabilitation services)
or fill in the e-application form and we will contact you within 24 hours on a working day.
- Passport or ID card
- Insurance policy
- Referral Form 027/u, (State Paid Service)
- Previous examinations, extracts
Please notify the Clinic Coordinator (67366323) or your functional specialist at least 24 hours in advance.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service due to justified reasons (for example, acute illness or exacerbation of a chronic illness, death of a first-degree relative or spouse, for which an appropriate document is presented within 2 weeks – an extract from the inpatient/outpatient medical card – form No.027/u, birth/death certificate), the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the beginning of the queue.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service for unjustified reasons, the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the end of the queue.
- The patient may be excluded from the waiting list of the State-paid service if the patient repeatedly, at least 2 times, refuses to come or in case it is impossible to contact the patient for a long time (by telephone, electronically).