REHABILITATION TO PATIENTS AFTER SPINAL CORD INJURIES
A multidisciplinary program that combines physical and rehabilitation medicine doctors, functional specialists, state-of-the-art robotic and physical medicine technologies to provide rehabilitation to patients after spinal cord injuries.
Damage to the spinal cord can cause motor and sensory disorders, as well as spasticity.
During rehabilitation, the following measures are being taken: assessment and documentation of the patient’s clinical condition and functional disorders, complication prevention, individual rehabilitation plan development, improvement of motor functions, spasticity management, education of the patient and his/her relatives, social integration, adaptation of assistive devices, providing recommendations and inclusion in the dynamic monitoring register.
REHABILITATION CLINIC OF RIGA 1st HOSPITAL OFFERS:
Back rehabilitation services according to the following treatment programs:
- Degenerative diseases of the spinal cord (spastic spinal paralysis, syringomyelia, etc.)
- Myelitis, epiduritis; myelopathy
- Circulatory disorders of the spinal cord (stroke)
- Traumatic spinal cord injury, contusion
- Tumour of the spinal cord or spinal canal structures
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):
- In case of mobility impairment:
Gait training: Alter-G, Reoambulator, Hand therapy: Luna-EMG, Physiotherapy in the swimming pool
- In case of imbalance and coordination disorders:
Balance and coordination robotic therapy: Thera Balo, Tymo, Challenge-disc
- In case of hand function disorders:
Hand therapy: Pablo, Myro, Amadeo, E-link, Luna-EMG
- In case of dysphagia, dysphonia:
Classes with an audiologist and a speech therapist, Nutritionist consultation
- Cognitive and communication disorders:
Classes with an audiologist and a speech therapist, Adaptation of assistive devices
- In case of cognitive impairment:
Cognitive therapy, Myro, Rehacom
- In case of psychological difficulties, depression, anxiety:
Clinical psychologist, Flotation therapy
- In case of spasticity
Gait training: Reoambulator. Hand therapy: Amadeo, E-link, Luna-EMG,
CPM (Continuous passive motion): Artromot S4, FYSIOTEK 300TS,
Modern physical therapy: Shock wave therapy FMS – Functional magnetic stimulation, Botulinum toxin injections
- In case of pain:
Modern physical therapy, HILT – High intensity laser therapy, FMS – Functional magnetic stimulation, TR-therapy – Targeted radiotherapy frequency therapy, Shock wave therapy
- In case of reduced load tolerance:
SciFit PRO trainers. Gait training: Alter-G. Physiotherapy in the swimming-pool
To apply for the rehabilitation service in the day hospital, please contact the rehabilitation coordinator of Riga 1st Hospital by phone: 67366323 (key 2, Rehabilitation services)
or fill in the e-application form and we will contact you within 24 hours on a working day.
- Passport or ID card
- Insurance policy
- Referral Form 027/u, (State Paid Service)
- Previous examinations, extracts
Please notify the Clinic Coordinator (67366323) or your functional specialist at least 24 hours in advance.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service due to justified reasons (for example, acute illness or exacerbation of a chronic illness, death of a first-degree relative or spouse, for which an appropriate document is presented within 2 weeks – an extract from the inpatient/outpatient medical card – form No.027/u, birth/death certificate), the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the beginning of the queue.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service for unjustified reasons, the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the end of the queue.
- The patient may be excluded from the waiting list of the State-paid service if the patient repeatedly, at least 2 times, refuses to come or in case it is impossible to contact the patient for a long time (by telephone, electronically).