REHABILITATION AFTER TRAUMATIC SPINE INJURY, CONTUSIONS
A multidisciplinary program that combines physical and rehabilitation medicine doctors, functional specialists, state-of-the-art robotic and physical medicine technologies to provide rehabilitation in cases of traumatic spinal cord injuries, contusions.
During rehabilitation, the following measures are being taken: assessment and documentation of the patient’s clinical condition and functional disorders, complication prevention, individual rehabilitation plan development, improvement of motor functions, improvement of the gait stereotype, education of the patient and his/her relatives, social integration, adaptation of assistive devices, providing recommendations for environmental adaptation and inclusion in the dynamic monitoring register.
Patients with functional disorders at the age of 18 and over who are medically stable and for whom the potential and motivation for medical rehabilitation are assessed as sufficient.
The rehabilitation program objectives:
According to an individually developed medical rehabilitation plan.
ROBOTIC TRAINERS USED DURING THERAPY:
ReoAmbulator allows therapists to develop patient-specific exercises aimed at improving the patient’s balance, coordination, endurance and posture by intensively repeating the normal movements of the entire leg – hip, knee and ankle to reproduce a reciprocal, synchronized natural gait pattern.
Luna EMG is a rehabilitation robot designed to make physical therapy more fun for neurological and orthopaedic patients, while increasing their muscle strength, coordination and range of motion. … The robot can help patients maintain their mobility for longer and slow down the process of muscular dystrophy.
THERA-Trainer balo is suitable for patients with congenital or acquired limitations or loss of ability to stand. THERA-Trainer balo allows the patient to rise safely from the wheelchair, with or without the help of others, depending on the situation. The THERA-Trainer balo device is suitable for patients with impaired balance and coordination when standing.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):
In case of mobility impairment:
Gait training: Alter-G, Reoambulator, Hand therapy: Luna-EMG. Physiotherapy in the swimming pool
In case of imbalance and coordination disorders:
Balance and coordination robotic therapy: Thera Balo, Tymo, Challenge-disc
In case of hand function disorders:
Hand therapy: Pablo, Myro, Amadeo, E-link, Luna-EMG
In case of dysphagia, dysphonia:
Classes with an audiologist and a speech therapist, Nutritionist consultation. Cognitive and communication disorders: Classes with an audiologist and a speech therapist, Adaptation of assistive devices
In case of cognitive impairment:
Cognitive therapy, Myro, Rehacom
In case of psychological difficulties, depression, anxiety:
Clinical psychologist, Flotation therapy
In case of spasticity
Gait training: Reoambulator. Hand therapy: Amadeo, E-link, Luna-EMG, CPM (Continuous passive motion), Artromot S4, FYSIOTEK 300TS, Modern physical therapy: Shock wave therapy FMS – Functional magnetic stimulation, Botulinum toxin injections
In case of pain:
Modern physical therapy, HILT – High intensity laser therapy, FMS – Functional magnetic stimulation, TR-therapy – Targeted radiotherapy frequency therapy, Shock wave therapy
In case of reduced load tolerance:
SciFit PRO trainers. Gait training: Alter-G. Physiotherapy in the swimming-pool
To apply for the rehabilitation service in the day hospital, please contact the rehabilitation coordinator of Riga 1st Hospital by phone: 67366323 (key 2, Rehabilitation services)
or fill in the e-application form and we will contact you within 24 hours on a working day.
- Passport or ID card
- Insurance policy
- Referral Form 027/u, (State Paid Service)
- Previous examinations, extracts
Please notify the Clinic Coordinator (67366323) or your functional specialist at least 24 hours in advance.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service due to justified reasons (for example, acute illness or exacerbation of a chronic illness, death of a first-degree relative or spouse, for which an appropriate document is presented within 2 weeks – an extract from the inpatient/outpatient medical card – form No.027/u, birth/death certificate), the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the beginning of the queue.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service for unjustified reasons, the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the end of the queue.
- The patient may be excluded from the waiting list of the State-paid service if the patient repeatedly, at least 2 times, refuses to come or in case it is impossible to contact the patient for a long time (by telephone, electronically).