Rehabilitation programs for children are multidisciplinary, coordinated and result-oriented.
They are intended for children and adolescents with various functional limitations resulting from congenital or acquired health conditions.
REHABILITATION CLINIC OF RIGA 1st HOSPITAL OFFERS:
General children rehabilitation services according to the following treatment programs:
- Arthropathy rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation of children
- Rehabilitation of cystic fibrosis
- Rehabilitation of chromosomal / genetic diseases
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):
- In case of mobility impairment:
Bobath therapy, Physiotherapy in the swimming pool, Baby swimming, Gait training: Reoambulator.
- In case of imbalance and coordination disorders:
Balance and coordination robotic therapy: Thera trainer Balo pediatric, Tymo, Challenge-disc.
- In case of hand function disorders:
Hand therapy: Pablo, Myro, Amadeo, E-link, Luna-EMG.
- In case of spasticity:
Gait training: Reoambulator, Hand robotic therapy: Amadeo, E-link, Luna-EMG; Modern physical therapy: Shock wave therapy, FMS (Functional Magnetic Stimulation), Bobath therapy, Botulinum toxin injections.
- In case of cognitive impairment:
Cognitive therapy: Myro, Rehacom
- In case of reduced load tolerance:
Sci-Fit trainers, Gait training: Alter-G, Reoambulator, Physiotherapy in the swimming-pool.
- In case of dysphagia, dysphonia:
Classes with an audiologist and a speech therapist, Nutritionist consultation
- In case of cognitive and communication disorders:
Classes with an audiologist and a speech therapist
To apply for the rehabilitation service, please contact the rehabilitation coordinator of Riga 1st Hospital by phone: 67366323 (key 2, Rehabilitation services)
or fill in the e-application form and we will contact you within 24 hours on a working day.
- Passport or ID card
- Insurance policy
- Referral Form 027/u, (State Paid Service)
- Previous examinations, extracts
Please notify the Clinic Coordinator (67366323) or your functional specialist at least 24 hours in advance.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service due to justified reasons (for example, acute illness or exacerbation of a chronic illness, death of a first-degree relative or spouse, for which an appropriate document is presented within 2 weeks – an extract from the inpatient/outpatient medical card – form No.027/u, birth/death certificate), the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the beginning of the queue.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service for unjustified reasons, the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the end of the queue.
- The patient may be excluded from the waiting list of the State-paid service if the patient repeatedly, at least 2 times, refuses to come or in case it is impossible to contact the patient for a long time (by telephone, electronically).