ANGELMAN SYNDROME REHABILITATION
A multidisciplinary program that combines physical and rehabilitation medicine doctors, functional specialists, state-of-the-art robotic and physical medicine technologies to provide rehabilitation for patients with Angelman syndrome, a rare genetic disorder affecting the nervous system, characterized by developmental and intellectual impairment, as well as motor and balance disorders.
During rehabilitation, the following measures are being taken: assessment and documentation of the patient’s clinical condition and functional disorders, complication prevention, individual rehabilitation plan development, improvement of motor functions, the balance and coordination response, education of the patient and his/her relatives, social integration, adaptation of assistive devices, providing recommendations and inclusion in the dynamic monitoring register.
Patients with functional disabilities, medically stable, motivated, with family support, aged up to 18 years.
The rehabilitation program objectives:
According to an individually developed medical rehabilitation plan.
ROBOTIC TECHNOLOGIES USED DURING THERAPY
RehaCom is a computerized program for cognitive function training. Developed in collaboration with doctors, therapists and scientists, it is currently the most widely used method for training cognitive functions in Europe. RehaCom is an evidence-based, clinically validated and safe method for assessing and improving cognitive abilities.
PABLO is a modern device for the correction of small and large motor skills in the upper extremities of the body. With this device it is possible to assess (diagnose) the functional possibilities of the upper extremities of the body both before the start of rehabilitation and during the rehabilitation process. The training is performed using interactive programs.
Interactive surface for far-reaching therapy MYRO is an interactive therapy surface. MYRO sensors allow daily training of motor skills with real objects on a responding surface. Myro responds not only to movement but also to pressure. Graphomotor therapy approaches can be implemented flexibly and independently of auxiliary materials. Spatial research elements create more opportunities for cognitive therapy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):
- In case of mobility impairment:
Bobath therapy, Physiotherapy in the swimming pool, Baby swimming, Gait training: Reoambulator.
- In case of imbalance and coordination disorders:
Balance and coordination robotic therapy: Thera trainer Balo pediatric, Tymo, Challenge-disc.
- In case of hand function disorders:
Hand therapy: Pablo, Myro, Amadeo, E-link, Luna-EMG.
- In case of spasticity:
Gait training: Reoambulator, Hand robotic therapy: Amadeo, E-link, Luna-EMG; Modern physical therapy: Shock wave therapy, FMS (Functional Magnetic Stimulation), Bobath therapy, Botulinum toxin injections.
- In case of cognitive impairment:
Cognitive therapy: Myro, Rehacom
- In case of reduced load tolerance:
Sci-Fit trainers, Gait training: Alter-G, Reoambulator, Physiotherapy in the swimming-pool.
- In case of dysphagia, dysphonia:
Classes with an audiologist and a speech therapist, Nutritionist consultation
- In case of cognitive and communication disorders:
Classes with an audiologist and a speech therapist
To apply for the rehabilitation service in the day hospital, please contact the rehabilitation coordinator of Riga 1st Hospital by phone: 67366323 (key 2, Rehabilitation services)
or fill in the e-application form and we will contact you within 24 hours on a working day.
- Passport or ID card
- Insurance policy
- Referral Form 027/u, (State Paid Service)
- Previous examinations, extracts
Please notify the Clinic Coordinator (67366323) or your functional specialist at least 24 hours in advance.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service due to justified reasons (for example, acute illness or exacerbation of a chronic illness, death of a first-degree relative or spouse, for which an appropriate document is presented within 2 weeks – an extract from the inpatient/outpatient medical card – form No.027/u, birth/death certificate), the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the beginning of the queue.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service for unjustified reasons, the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the end of the queue.
- The patient may be excluded from the waiting list of the State-paid service if the patient repeatedly, at least 2 times, refuses to come or in case it is impossible to contact the patient for a long time (by telephone, electronically).
Paid subscriptions are valid for 6 months.