REHABILITATION AFTER AMPUTATIONS
A multidisciplinary program that combines physical and rehabilitation medicine doctors, functional specialists, state-of-the-art robotic and physical medicine technologies to provide rehabilitation for patients after amputations.
During rehabilitation, the following measures are being taken: assessment and documentation of the patient’s clinical condition and functional disorders, adaptation of the patient to their functional incapacity, complication prevention, improvement of motor functions, individual rehabilitation plan development, provision of recommendations for the correct use of prosthesis and inclusion in the register of dynamic observation.
Patients with functional disabilities, medically stable, motivated, with family support, aged up to 18 years.
The rehabilitation program objectives:
According to an individually developed medical rehabilitation plan.
ROBOTIC TECHNOLOGIES USED DURING THERAPY
The AlterG anti-gravity treadmill, by reducing the force of gravity, improves balance control and reduces the risk of pain and joint damage that could be caused by excessive leg strain. Besides, the length and width of the step, as well as the footprint on the track are measured, which allows to correct the gait as accurately as possible. Integrated Stride Smart gait analysis determines gravity load and provides simplified visual feedback to assess gait symmetry and pain levels.
PABLO is a modern device for the correction of small and large motor skills in the upper extremities of the body. With this device it is possible to assess (diagnose) the functional possibilities of the upper extremities of the body both before the start of rehabilitation and during the rehabilitation process. The training is performed using interactive programs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):
To apply for the rehabilitation service in the day hospital, please contact the rehabilitation coordinator of Riga 1st Hospital by phone: 67366323 (key 2, Rehabilitation services)
or fill in the e-application form and we will contact you within 24 hours on a working day.
- Mother’s / father’s passport or ID card, child’s passport / ID card (if any)
- Referral Form 027/u, (State Paid Service)
- Previous examinations, extracts
- In case of oedema:
Cryotherapy, Gameready, Modern physical therapy: HILT (High Intensity Laser Therapy), TR Therapy (Targeted Radio Frequency Therapy).
- In case of pain:
Modern physical therapy: HILT (High Intensity Laser Therapy), FMS (Functional Magnetic Stimulation), TR-Therapy (Targeted Radio Frequency Therapy). Gameready, Cryotherapy, Kinesio taping.
- In case of movement restrictions or contractures:
Physical therapy, CPM (Continious passive motion): Artromot S4, FYSIOTEK 300TS, Luna EMG. Hand robotic therapy: Amadeo, Pablo, E-link. Physiotherapy in the swimming-pool
- In case of mobility impairment:
Gait training: Reoambulator. Physiotherapy in the swimming-pool.
- In case of muscle tension, imbalance:
Shrott therapy, Kinesio taping, Sling therapy. Modern physical therapy: HILT (High Intensity Laser Therapy), FMS (Functional Magnetic Stimulation), TR-Therapy (Targeted Radio Frequency Therapy).
- In case of joint instability, hypermobility:
Gait training: AlterG. Balance and coordination robotic therapy: Thera Balo, Tymo, Challenge-disc.
Please notify the Clinic Coordinator (67366323) or your functional specialist at least 24 hours in advance.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service due to justified reasons (for example, acute illness or exacerbation of a chronic illness, death of a first-degree relative or spouse, for which an appropriate document is presented within 2 weeks – an extract from the inpatient/outpatient medical card – form No.027/u, birth/death certificate), the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the beginning of the queue.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service for unjustified reasons, the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the end of the queue.
- The patient may be excluded from the waiting list of the State-paid service if the patient repeatedly, at least 2 times, refuses to come or in case it is impossible to contact the patient for a long time (by telephone, electronically).
Paid subscriptions are valid for 6 months.