REHABILITATION AFTER INJURIES (BONE FRACTURE, MUSCLE AND TENDON SPRAINS AND TEARS)
A multidisciplinary program that combines physical and rehabilitation medicine doctors, functional specialists, state-of-the-art robotic and physical medicine technologies to provide rehabilitation after injuries such as bone fractures, muscle and tendon sprains and tears.
During rehabilitation, the following measures are being taken: assessment and documentation of the patient’s clinical condition and functional disorders, complication prevention, individual rehabilitation plan development, pain relief, improvement of motor functions, education of the patient and his/her relatives, social integration, adaptation of assistive devices, providing recommendations and inclusion in the dynamic monitoring register.
Patients with functional disabilities, medically stable, motivated, with family support, aged up to 18 years.
The rehabilitation program objectives:
According to an individually developed medical rehabilitation plan.
ROBOTIC TECHNOLOGIES USED DURING THERAPY
Magnetic therapy procedures are convenient and absolutely painless, as there is no direct contact with the skin, while field exposure can qualitatively reduce the manifestations of pain, and it is considered a good alternative to electrical stimulation in cases where its use is contraindicated or undesirable. The TESLA STYM magnetic therapy device can be used for local and general strengthening effects.
The E-LINK system is used for computerized rehabilitation and clinical evaluation of the upper and lower extremities. It is used in neurological rehabilitation, patient assessment, result documentation. The E-LINK system consists of several modules, such as a dynamometer, electromyography sensors with feedback exercises, resistance exercises, hand and force platforms. The E-LINK system uses wireless connections. The software provides strength and mobility exercises by controlling a number of fully configurable games according to each patient’s ability and needs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):
To apply for the rehabilitation service in the day hospital, please contact the rehabilitation coordinator of Riga 1st Hospital by phone: 67366323 (key 2, Rehabilitation services)
or fill in the e-application form and we will contact you within 24 hours on a working day.
- Mother’s / father’s passport or ID card, child’s passport / ID card (if any)
- Referral Form 027/u, (State Paid Service)
- Previous examinations, extracts
- In case of oedema:
Cryotherapy, Gameready, Modern physical therapy: HILT (High Intensity Laser Therapy), TR Therapy (Targeted Radio Frequency Therapy).
- In case of pain:
Modern physical therapy: HILT (High Intensity Laser Therapy), FMS (Functional Magnetic Stimulation), TR-Therapy (Targeted Radio Frequency Therapy). Gameready, Cryotherapy, Kinesio taping.
- In case of movement restrictions or contractures:
Physical therapy, CPM (Continious passive motion): Artromot S4, FYSIOTEK 300TS, Luna EMG. Hand robotic therapy: Amadeo, Pablo, E-link. Physiotherapy in the swimming-pool
- In case of mobility impairment:
Gait training: Reoambulator. Physiotherapy in the swimming-pool.
- In case of muscle tension, imbalance:
Shrott therapy, Kinesio taping, Sling therapy. Modern physical therapy: HILT (High Intensity Laser Therapy), FMS (Functional Magnetic Stimulation), TR-Therapy (Targeted Radio Frequency Therapy).
- In case of joint instability, hypermobility:
Gait training: AlterG. Balance and coordination robotic therapy: Thera Balo, Tymo, Challenge-disc.
Please notify the Clinic Coordinator (67366323) or your functional specialist at least 24 hours in advance.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service due to justified reasons (for example, acute illness or exacerbation of a chronic illness, death of a first-degree relative or spouse, for which an appropriate document is presented within 2 weeks – an extract from the inpatient/outpatient medical card – form No.027/u, birth/death certificate), the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the beginning of the queue.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service for unjustified reasons, the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the end of the queue.
- The patient may be excluded from the waiting list of the State-paid service if the patient repeatedly, at least 2 times, refuses to come or in case it is impossible to contact the patient for a long time (by telephone, electronically).
Paid subscriptions are valid for 6 months.