REHABILITATION OF MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM DISEASES (Tendonitides, Bursitides, Epicondylitides, etc)
A multidisciplinary program that combines physical and rehabilitation medicine doctors, functional specialists, state-of-the-art robotic and physical medicine technologies to provide rehabilitation in cases of musculoskeletal system diseases.
Musculoskeletal system diseases include inflammation of the tendons (tendinitis), inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs that cushion the joints (bursitis), and inflammation of the muscle attachment points (epicondylitis).
During rehabilitation, the following measures are being taken: assessment and documentation of the patient’s clinical condition and functional disorders, complication prevention, individual rehabilitation plan development, pain relief, improvement of motor functions, education of the patient and his/her relatives, social integration, adaptation of assistive devices, providing recommendations and inclusion in the dynamic monitoring register.
Patients with functional disabilities, medically stable, motivated, with family support, aged up to 18 years.
The rehabilitation program objectives:
According to an individually developed medical rehabilitation plan.
ROBOTIC TECHNOLOGIES USED DURING THERAPY
UrtoSix EMC is a non-focal (radial) shock wave therapy device. The body, which is exposed to intense mechanical energy, responds by increasing the metabolic activity in the treated area, which helps to reduce inflammation and provide pain relief, thus stimulating and accelerating the healing process. It also reduces the feeling of pain due to better pressure wave distribution, allowing the operator to obtain better therapeutic responses.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):
To apply for the rehabilitation service in the day hospital, please contact the rehabilitation coordinator of Riga 1st Hospital by phone: 67366323 (key 2, Rehabilitation services)
or fill in the e-application form and we will contact you within 24 hours on a working day.
- In case of oedema:
Cryotherapy, Gameready, , Modern physical therapy, HILT – High intensity laser therapy, FMS – Functional magnetic stimulation
- In case of pain:
Modern physical therapy, HILT – High intensity laser therapy, FMS – Functional magnetic stimulation, TR-therapy – Targeted radiotherapy frequency therapy, Gameready, Cryotherapy, Kinesiology taping
- Movement restriction, in case of contracture:
Physical therapy, CPM (Continious passive motion), Artromot S4, FYSIOTEK 300TS, Luna EMG. Hand robotic therapy, Amadeo, Pablo, E-link. Physiotherapy in the swimming pool
- In case of joint instability, hypermobility:
Gait training: Reoambulator, Physiotherapy in the swimming pool
- In case of muscle tension, imbalance:
Shrott therapy, Kinesiology taping, Sling therapy, Modern physical therapy: HILT – High intensity laser therapy, FMS – Functional magnetic stimulation, TR-therapy – Targeted radiofrequency therapy
- In case of joint instability:
Gait training: Alter-G, Balance and coordination robotic therapy: Thera Balo, Tymo, Challenge-disc
Mother’s / father’s passport or ID card, child’s passport / ID card
Referral Form 027/u, (State Paid Service)
Previous examinations, extracts
Please notify the Clinic Coordinator (67366323) or your functional specialist at least 24 hours in advance.
What should I know in case a class / procedure is delayed?
- If a patient refuses to receive the service due to justified reasons (for example, acute illness or exacerbation of a chronic illness, death of a first-degree relative or spouse, for which an appropriate document is presented within 2 weeks – an extract from the inpatient/outpatient medical card – form No.027/u, birth/death certificate), the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the beginning of the queue.
- If a patient refuses to receive the service for unjustified reasons, the service is offered to the next patient from the waiting queue, but the refused patient is placed at the end of the queue.
- The patient may be excluded from the waiting list of the State-paid service if the patient repeatedly, at least 2 times, refuses to come or in case it is impossible to contact the patient for a long time (by telephone, electronically).
Paid subscriptions are valid for 6 months.